Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reading Time

I recently finished reading this book Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule.


Look familiar to some of you? It took me about a week to read because I skimmed through the pictures twice then read the book. I was overwhelmed by the number of projects and sewing involved that I actually was dreaming of shopping for vintage fabic at thrift stores. I woke up tired.


What I love about this book is that the pictures of the projects are not of pretty and perfect projects. The imagination and creativity is completely up to the reader and there is no wrong way to what you may want to create. It definitely gave me a new way of looking at fabric (old or new) with potential.

My next book waiting for me in wings Shanghai Girls by Lisa Lee.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...