Thursday, September 10, 2009

Needlwork Therapy


This is a canvas pencil case that I embroidered for my son. The pencil case comes in a package of 15 and can be bought at Lakeshore Learning. Last month I started putting together my embroidery supplies but I didn't know what to make. Then I looked at one of my t-shirts for inspiration.

I photo copied the shirt onto paper. Then minimized and darkened it so the picture would fit on to the bag. I taped the picture to the inside of the bag, used a light box and fabric marker and traced the picture on to the fabric.

And here is my first completed embroidery work. I'm looking forward to making more of these for my family. Each one has a diffrent idea what they will use it for.












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...