Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Joining in this week for Ginny's Yarn Along.
|The white I rug I have been working on. I call it my tv rug project since it's too big to carry around it's my go to project when watching tv or sitting outside.|
|When spring rolls in every I get the itch to embroider. I love seeing it come to life slowly on a blank cloth. It's my favorite needlework in the summer.|
Home Education Magazine
Hope you are enjoying a good read.
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
The example I had given was from personal experience. About 2 year ago posts from my blog were printed and used to suggest that I was overwhelmed. My blog was something I always enjoyed writing and following blogs was a source of creativity and inspiration. Seriously have you ever met a mother that never got tired and looked great all the time. Ahem.
Because of that I took a break from blogging to minimize additional unwanted backlash on my parenting. It was hard to return and I considered just shutting it down. My answer to her question was no I didn't regret it I just lost my love for it and could not get back into it. I had no regrets I put thought into what I wrote and it was my creative outlet.
At times I have missed it and I would snap a picture with intentions of posting and of course never did. After a this question was asked to me I thought well why not return to it. I don't have to post everyday just when inspiration strikes share something neat. Check on my favorite blogs when I need that burst of creativity.
So here I am again.
- First up is change up change the blog colors/design. A little blog spring cleaning.
- I had a yummy salad to post yesterday.
- Just finished reading Labor Day by Joyce Maynard next up is The Gilly Salt Sisters by Tiffany Baker. If I had a project to go with it they would have been on the yarn along this week
- Oh and why is the picture on it's side that you have to turn your head to see the books? Ah well because whatever medium I use to bring in the picture it will NOT rotate. I gave up trying otherwise I thought I would never post again.
- Finally got an instagram account to go with my blog thislittlekitchenblog
- I have feeling I'm going to be really enjoying that. Why did I wait so long?
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
For quick salad today there was some leftover corn on the cob, tomatoes, mint leaves and scallions. Season with a little salt and olive oil and a bright and cheery salad to go with our lunch.