Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cleaning Break

I decided a little break from the cleaning & reorganizing would be a good thing. I have a list of major things to do but....kids need attention and fresh air. Right now my project basket has been on hold so there has been no knitting, crocheting a baby blanket, redwork embroidary or canvas bag embroidery. Can't seem to do it all at once and that's ok. It's ok for moms to cut themselves some slack.
I have also missed my baking and have been on a good cooking streak lately. So here's another version of an Asian dinner night.
White rice
Steamed broccoli
Chicken and vegetable dumplings
Salmon in sauce
The salmon I put in a pan with 3/4 cup of water, cover with a lid and cook on medium to high heat for 20-25 minutes. More water may be needed if it evaporates too quickly. The salmon should be flaky when it's done. In a separate pan put 1 tablespoon of oil 2-4 cloves of garlic and cook till tender. In a bowl measure less than 1/4 cup of light soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger and mix in cooked garlic and oil. Pour over the salmon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...