2. Sat outside with my laptop and watched the little ones play with mud. Lots of mud :)
3. Made up a chicken recipe. Cook chicken drumsticks at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. While the chicken cooks in a bowl mix 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 onion and sliced black olives. I don't know if I seasoned it. Ooops! After chicken cooks for 30 minutes toss mixture with chicken and coat. Then bake for another 30 minutes. Once it's done try it and let me know how it turns it out because I didn't get any at all. It looked good with rice but it was all gone by the next day. Not even a leftover for me. lol.
4. Boiled lots of water due to the water ban in eastern Massachusetts.
5. Because of the water ban it's much harder to wash dishes. Forgive me for behaving unenvironmentally friendly this week. But boiling water to wash dishes, brush our teeth and wash our faces has not been fun. I have resorted to using all those paper plates from past birthday parties. (I wanted to get rid of those anyway and go with something that was not store bought.) But for now we are using paper plates, plastic cups and plastic utensils and then throwing them away after 1 use so we don't get any bacteria. If only I could throw away the guilt too.
For cleaning our fruits and veggies I'm keeping a spray bottle of boiled water that's been cooled down. The other spray bottle is a mixture of water, vinegar, baking soda and grapeseed oil. It's a veggie/fruit wash I found in Kiwi magazine. I'm also using a Biokleen All Purpose Cleaner. Hoping to get clean drinking water soon.
6. To finish off the weekend I did start and complete 1 granny square. This yarn was in my hope chest and it was something I was hoping to get to soon. I tried to follow one of the patterns in my crochet book. I'm trying to make each member of the family a granny square using yarn that is 100% cotton to replace the the loofahs in our bathtub. Time to say good bye to the loofah and hello to the squares.Hoping for a good week!