Friday, January 29, 2010

In the kitchen

What's going in the kitchen while it's below freezing outside.

Sticky applesauce playdough ::




Shampoo playdough from Mudworks ::

Sorting through those paint samples from Home Depot

While all this is going I'm either at the sink with the dishes or preparing for the evening meal. When the shampoo playdough was in progress dough was being mixed for calzones. I mixed my usual pizza dough and let it rise. When I went back to it later I cut it in half and rolled into a 7 inch circle. On one half of the circle spread tomato sauce then put sliced ham, chopped onion, sliced black olives and either provolone or shredded mozzarella cheese. Then around the perimeter of the circle brush lightly with water. Then I took the side without the sauce and covered all the goodies and pinched the sides closed. Brushed the top with a little olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

A warm treat to use up lunch meat. Omit the cheese and it's dairy free. Omit the meat and create your own delicious vegetable calazone. I hope to try to make more of these I forgot them from one of my favorite cookbooks. Anyway you like it just brings warmth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...