Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Simply Living

Been away from the blogshpere for a few days doing some reading, embroidery, thinking of the next knitting project (I'll talk more about that one later this week.) and mostly just trying to capture some special moments with my family. Time can escape us soo quickly that I just wanted to be in the moment be part of it and record it in my journal before it was gone. What have I been doing in between spending time with the kids....

Almost finished embroidering a canvas bag to carry around small projects or needlwork hooks. I used a fabric pen to write on the bag.
Been doing some reading. I usually don't go for the daily devotional 365 day books because I just can't keep up and sometimes they can be overly religious. But this one I did not mind Simple Abundance. I look forward to it and reflect how it does actually fit our life today to live simply and real. Whatever happened to how people used to live and why does all this new technology and stuff that's supposed to make our life easier only add more of something else that complicates our lives and actually doesn't simplify. Something to reflect on in 2010.



And lastly I discovered a new recipe. Earlier in the day I had made some meatballs and rice and put it in the fridge. Around 10:30 last night found this recipe from Redhead Recipes for barbeque meatballs. The sauce are you ready for this ? Mix good chili sauce and grape jelly. I told Jimmy and he saw the picture and it looked good. Well curiosity got the best of us. Into the kitchen we go warm up the rice, meatballs and a piece of brocoli. In bowl mixed grape jelly and very spicy chili sauce warmed it up in the microwave and then drizzle over the meatballs and rice. It was spicy sweet! Maybe a little less chili sauce or better chili sauce but very tasty. As I write this for a vegetarian variation instead of meatballs how about tofu? Something to ponder.
Now let's see what the rest of this week's adventures will be?

2 comments:

Shalet said...

Simple Abundance is a great book. Love the embroidered bag!

Luisa said...

Thank you for stopping by Shalet. Those canvas bags can be great personalized gifts for adults or children.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...