Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Recipe List

From last weeks recipe list.
Cauliflower With Salsa Verde from A Homemade Life

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was a hit everyone loved and the next day we cleaned it all out. It tasted better than what I imagined. I have never seen the cauliflower go that fast!

Tomato Soup and Two Fennels from A Homemade Life

Also a hit. I halfed this recipe because not everyone here likes fennel. I must say the fennel tasted good cooked. I didn't use the right can of tomatoes so I think mine came out a little thick. But I think I have finally found a good tomato soup for cold winter nights or lunches.

Red Cabbage Salad with Lemon and Black Pepper from A Homemade Life


That was a lot of cabbage. This was a hit for me. It makes a nice side dish and it was refreshing. I loved the dressing and I bet I'll be using it somewhere else.

Now what to do with the rest of the cabbage? Well a couple of nights later it got sauteed with an onion, 2 apples, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and some water. It was even better. Thanks Marie for the idea! But no matter which way I made it this was not going to be a hit for the rest of the family. Oh well more for me at least I tried.

1 comment:

Lise said...

I LOVED this book, and yet, haven't yet tried any of the recipes. Good to hear what you liked.

Re cabbage--sounds gross, but the kids here LOVE raw cabbage dipped in (homemade) ketchup. They eat a ton that way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...