Monday, November 30, 2009

Handy tips



Wanted to share some handy tips that I recorded in my journal from Kiwi December 2009 issue.


  • p. 12 Use a natural brush to brush the skin in a circular motion before taking a shower. Stimulates and exfoliates skin.

  • p. 19 For a better nights sleep mix lavender essential oil and water in spray bottle then mist the pillows. (My first thought was can I just carry around a bottle to spray myself to destress on those "challenging days")

  • p.19 Rub diluted pepperment in oil on temples to ease tension and headaches. (If you are a mom no comment needed as to why and how much we need this.)

  • p.22 Cold weather veggies: roast brussell sprouts in oven, make kale chips in the oven, for mac n' cheese substitute cauliflower for the pasta. (Some nice twists on food I'm thinking for the next grocery list.)

  • p. 43 Make your own organic fruit and veggie wash in a spray bottle. The article recommended it as Christmas gift along with the recipe.

  • p. 45 "Herbal Helpers" to keep on hand this winter to help mom's. Eucalyptus essential oil for chest congestion. Peppermint oil for nose and chest. Slippery elm bark for throats. Echinacea for reduce cold and flu symptoms. Elderberry syrup to support the immune system according to Jessie Hawkins author of The Handbook of Vintage Remedies. (I'm curious about this book)

  • p.61 "Silly Sweet Popcorn" It's popcorn tossed with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Sounds like a nice snack.

I thought this would make for some handy homeade tips. Sorry if I was vague on some of the information but I didn't know how much I could rewrite without crossing a line. Hope it sparked your interest. If you have any homeade remedies that you swear by p;ease feel free to share I would love to read them on the comments.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...