Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Sewing Fun




A few days before Halloween I started to put all the kids costumes together which got me cracking down to do some sewing. Two of the girls wanted to be princesses so I ran out to the fabric store for fabirc and then I called a friend for sewing reinforcements. I haven't touched a sewing machine since high school. That's about 20 years now. With my friend's sewing guidance and tips we made 2 skirts and 2 matching scrunchies. It really got me out of a slump I'm happy to say. As my friend was working on scrunchie #3 the bobbin started acting up again and the round thing that holds it in fell out. So that's how our sewing session ended. But it's ok I brought it in for a tune up and the man at the repair shop showed me how to put it back in. The sewing machine will back at home later this week. I'm looking forward to a fall/winter season of sewing with the kids.


1 comment:

Lise said...

They came out great! Hooray for revived interests! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...