Monday, August 9, 2010

home stuff, to do lists & shopping

I started out thinking I would write a post about yet another recipe but I think I'll save recipes for tomorrow. There has been a lot to do lately that even my to do lists have gotten untidy and completely out of hand. I guess it's been more of a juggling act lately and my arms are sore.

Many people when I'm out usually comment "I don't how do you do it?" Well the truth is I don't know either. The juggling part comes in handy with the day to day stuff laundry, dishes, cleaning and cooking. We have made some good switches to the natural laundry detergent and all natural dishwasher detergent. (Ok even as I write this I heard glass breaking. Everyone ok?Yup. There is broken glass in a very messy art studio. Oh great now that means I really do have to clean theart studio this week. Ok now back to blogging.) The natural dishwasher detergent is a recipe I found online I just don't remember from which blog. This is not my own recipe it's from someone else.


Home made Dishwasher Detergent

1/2 cup liquid castille soap

1/2 cup water

1 tsp fresh lemon juice

3 drops tea tree oil

1/4 cup white vinegar

Mix all the ingreadients and keep in a jar.


A note on this I don't know what I was thinking when I mixed this but I used peppermint liquid castille soap. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. I don't buy the almond because of nut allergies so I must have picked up pepperment. Oh well it sure does smell nice in my kitchen when the dishwasher is running.


As for the day to day to day stuff I'm slowly getting a handle of this in our new space but the throw in a major project and clean up and well then it's not so easy. I sure could use some help but that is no magic fairy. So that's where the clipboards, to do lists and online shopping come in handy.


Home To Do List :

  • Dice fresh tomatoes, lay them on a cookie sheet and freeze. After they freeze put them in bag in the freezer for winter for soups and recipes. After last winter I decided we're not buying tomatoes out of season. They were unusually awful last year.

  • Dice some of the celery and carrots and lay on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then transfer to a bag. Save these in the freezer for the winter for sauteeing and soups.

  • Clean some of the celery and carrots but do not chop lay them on a cookie sheet freeze and then transfer to a bag. Freeze for the winter. Great vegetable stock and chicken soup.
  • Keep refining the stuffed vegetable recipe. (I'll share that soon it's too long of a recipe.)

  • Regrow the celery root for kids science experiment. Starting to look good hmmm... maybe more celery to freeze.

  • Make more lemon/lime granita (I'll share that recipe soon. I heard it was good none was left for me.)

  • Order the recycling bin. Still waiting

  • Organize 1 more closet. A while ago I was trying to figure out how to organize the kids closets and thought those size markers that we see at the store would come in handy. I asked some one at the store where I could more and they said to google retail supply and sure enough found them. I found the round size dividers and the oblong size dividers. I still haven't purchesed them because I don't know how many and which ones I need. What's also nice you can get blanks without numbers and label them yourself. On the website the size dividers are under hanger accessories.

Online To Do Lists:

  • Update my KartMe lists. The website is versatile for any kind of list you need. I keep a running list of things I need to purchase this month and a Christimas list.
  • Buy a kids shoe sizer. A friend and I were talking about shoe shopping with kids. She tends to do a lot of shoe shopping online and I sometimes I get a phone call from someone about a good find and they ask what size is ...? Well why not a have one of those metal shoe sizer at home. Remember those well they haven't changed and could come in handy before going out to shoe shop or ordering online.

  • Looking into buying a composte bin.
The For Me list:



  • Crochet 1 scarf

  • Decide on the next book to read

  • Figure out the bandana quilt (I'll explain later.)

  • Treat myself to new plants for the front porch. (So cheery looking.)

  • Yippie new Green Craft Magazine is in. I love this magazine even if this adds to my Crafting ADD.

What's on your to do list?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...