1 cup whole pastry flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
In a cup mix 3 tablespoons oil, 3 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup dairy free margarine
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 cups peeled and grated apples
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl cream together baking powder mixture, sugar and margarine.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients stir together. Then fold in apples.
4. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour till golden brown or insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean. Cool completely
Goes well with coffee, tea or freeze till read to eat.
1. The orginal recipe uses 2 egg which replaces the baking mixture.
2. Chopped pecan or walnuts would be yummy!