Here is the list of what's gone into the freezer
- Greens beans- Wash cut into pieces, parboil, lay on a cookie sheet and freezer. After they are frozen they were bagged. I'm thinking pot pies this winter.
- Corn- Clean and boil for 2-4 minutes then take out of hot water and quickly put into a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Once it's cooled down cut off the cobb lay on a cookie sheet and freeze. After they are frozen bag them and freeze.
- Tomatoes - Wash, dice then lay on a cookie sheet and freeze and then later bag and freeze them. Great for salsa, chilis and more.
- Eggplant, zucchini and squash -Wash, cut into slices and grill for 3-4 minutes. Then lay them on a cookie sheet, freeze and bag later. Will make yummy vegetable sandiwiches, salads or pizza this winter.
- Save the top part of the tomato put in th a bag in the freezer and use when making vegetable/chicken stock.
- Peaches - Wash, peel and cut into slices lay on cookie sheet and freeze. Then bag and freeze. Love the peaches for smoothies, cobblers and fruit crisps.
- Green onions - Wash well, chop lay on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then bag and freeze. Great for various recipes this winter. I only recently discovered this idea so I'll have to remember to do this sooner next year.
- Red onions - Just slice these into big rings, lay on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then bag and freeze. I was thinking these will go great with the grilled vegeatable sandwiches.
- Cherries - Wash, take out pits with cherry pitter and lay on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then bag and freeze. Great for smoothies and desserts. The cherry pitter is awesome made the process go more smoothly.