I have a small basket of thin crochetting yarn that I found at a yard sale and started out with the red and a US H8/5.00mm crochet hook. It was not coming out too pretty so I went with a smaller hook.
I think I'm getting closer to actually making it look like ric rac using a C/2-2.75 mm crochet hook. So far I'm liking this and getting the hang of it. The red would be great for Christmas and the other colors in the basket could be for wrapping gifts, embelish skirts, pillow cases, curtains, blankets or anything that comes to mind. Now I just have to make it look a little more consistent.
This is one of the links on my Monday List that I wanted to share today.
Inspiring crafts and ideas that I would like to try:
- The ric rac directions are from Foxs Lane.
- As I slowly decorate my home I keep in mind that paint and spray paint are my new friends. Love the spray painted tree and candle holders .
- Fabric tape! I just thought this was cool a good way to use up those fabric scraps and a nice touch instead of just plain tape.
- I haven't done any felting yet but I hope to felt rocks someday.
- This circle craft would be great on white cloth and then hung on the wall. I hope to try this sooner than later.
- Love these sweet Christmas ornaments.
- I know already mentioned this in my last post but I love the idea of crochetted eye and make up remover pads.
- I love this sweater for a little girl. I'm optimistic that I could make this someday.
- I hope to make this sweet potato soup for one of our lunch this week.
- Alright a new salmon recipe this looks tasty.