Sweet Rasperry Oat Bars
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dairy free margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
In a cup mix 1 1/2 Tbs. water, 1 1/2 Tbs. canola/vegetable oil and 1 tsp baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups oats, divided into 1 3/4 cups and 1/4 cup
1-2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch square baking dish or pan.
2. In a bowl mix sugar, dairy free margarine, vanilla and baking powder,water, oil mixture. Mix till smooth and creamy.
3. Add dry ingredients flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix till well combined then stir in 1 3/4 cups of oats.
4. Now take 2/3 of the batter and spread evenly in greased pan. Then gently spread the raspberries.
5. In the bowl mix in the remaining 1/4 cup of oats. Take the remaining batter and spoon over the raspberries. This doesn't have to spread evenly just cover most of the raspberries.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or till gold and crisp. Cool and enjoy :)
Note on this recipe the baking powder mixture is to replace 1 egg and if allowed I think pecans would go great with this.