Monday, June 27, 2011

Welcome summer foods

 I don't have a banner to welcome summer solstice but my way of welcoming summer is saying hello to all those wonderful summer vegetables. The kids and I love visiting the farmer's market and picking up our csa because each time it's an exciting experience I love that our family is willing to try new things.
First up from the farmer's markets are white turnips that we tried uncooked.  They were washed peeled and sliced for dipping in ranch dressing.



 I overheard a couple of people talking about cooking thegreen tops.  Sauteed with a little garlic and oil it made great side.
 One of our short summer favorites are garlic scapes.  I try to collect a little extra to make into pesto.  This bowl of egg free mayonaise has about 1/2 teaspoon garlic scape pesto.
 The sliced turnips added a little crunch with lunch.
Lastly is the napa cabbage that I cooked like this.  
Hope you're enjoying your summer greens.

1 comment:

cpcable said...

Yum! I love to see what people do with their CSA produce! I think it's so much fun to experiment with new recipes when I have all that produce for inspiration. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...