Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yarn Along


Joining in on Ginny's yarn along.  Not much going on with yarn lately just unravelling the grey one.  But there has been plenty going on with books.  Started Jodi Piccoult's new book that came out yesterday.



 These were my thrifty finds yesterday for less than $5.  My favorite is the vintage book The Magic Friend Maker.  At least I think it's vintage because it's from 1966 and in good condition.  The story is so sweet.
This last book I may have mentioned on Monday but we really like it around here and it was worth mentioning again. 
Can't wait to see what your reading and making :)

7 comments:

house full of jays said...

Oh all that unravelling, so sad. Maybe you should knit yourself one of those tasty cakes from last week?
Sweet thrifty find! Second hand books are such a treat!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Oh that's to bad about the unravelling but maybe reading jodi picoult's new book will make up for it! *grin*. I love her books :)

MJ said...

More vintage finds, I do love seeing those! I love the artwork on that book and I think it is vintage for sure!!

KnitterMama said...

Oh the last one looks great. I do want to read a book about the history of knitting.

Elizabeth said...

What a great find on the books. I love vintage children's books! And the knitting book looks lovely. Sorry about all the unraveling, that's never fun.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Lise said...

The Magic Friend Maker looks like something I'd snatch up. Have to go check it out...

Sweetness and Light said...

I'm sorry about the unravelling :( Some wonderful books today, we love second hand books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...