Thursday, March 3, 2011

Morning Applesauce Bread

I wanted to share this bread I made earlier in the week.  A friend passed along a recipe for peach puree bread.  My first question was how about using applesauce.  I still have some in the freezer from the fall. I took a look at the recipe and finageled my version.

Applesauce Bread
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup dairy free margarine
Baking powder mixture: 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 3 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 cups applesauce

Preheat oven 350 degrees.  Grease 2 5x9 inch loaf pans.  In bowl cream together margarine and sugar.  Then add baking powder mixture and vanilla.  Next add the dry ingredients.  Stir till thick and smooth then stir in applesauce.  Pour into greased loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes or when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.  Cool for a few minutes in pan then take out of pan to cool completely. Great with orange juice or a cup of coffee :)

Note: I was thinking of trying this with fruit sauce I have in the freezer for next time.  Even with the substitutions it cooked evenly.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks delicious! The apples would have made for a moist bread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...