Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Salmon for dinner





I apologize if the pictures do not make this dish look appealing but I can tell you that there were no leftovers. I didn't follow the orginal recipe exactly. Instead of green onions I used 1 small onion. I didn't mix barbecue sauce with brown sugar. I bought brown sugar barbecue sauce. The cooking method was supposed to be grilled. I cooked it on the stove and then the oven. (A cast iron skillet would have been handy for this recipe.) I basically talked to my friend Love and we finageled the recipe. Isn't that what we are supposed to do with them.

Luisa and Love's Barbecue Salmon
1/2 cup brown sugar barbecue sauce
1 small chopped onion
1 lb salmon filled (deboned and skinned)
Rinse salmon and put in a pan with half cup water. Cook on the stove for 10 minutes. The salmon will not be completely cooked. While salmon cooks in a bowl mix the barbecue sauce and chopped onion. Remove salmon from pan and place in 9x12 glass pan. Pour mixture over salmon. Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees 10-12 minutes. The salmon should be opaque and break easily with a fork.
This went well with rice, green beans and carrots.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...