Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Latest Addictions...

If there was theme for Tuesday it would be I have a doilie addiction. I can't stop making these for our Christmas tree. The two on the left I can't give a tutorial I just made it up I know it's obvious because they look a little off but on a tree from a distance who can tell. The tree on the right I actually followed all the directions and I am pleased how it came out.


Our family addiction latley has been collecting vinyl records. I never had a record player growing up and thought hey it's not too late. I'm actually surprised I found them online and in 2 sales adds. I'm still looking into either a thrifted one or a new one with a cd player. We have been talking as a family about bringing more music into our home in the form of records instead of cd's and downloads. So we will be on the look out at the thrift stores for records.

What's your happy addiction this week?

4 comments:

Allison said...

my husband and i just got a record player this year. now we listen to records almost exclusively (sometimes the radio, too). i have loved collecting records from thrift stores. they're cheap and let me try out music that i otherwise would never have experienced.

i hope you find a record player so you can start playing your vinyl!

Maryam said...

Those doilies are great! Do they hang well on the tree or sort of fold up? What thread did you use? I'm terrified of doilies, but I can see it'd be fun once the fear is conquered!

My current addiction is, as you saw, embroidering breast pad coasters. I only have two left, sadly. I'm thinking a bear, and a carrot :)

Luisa said...

Allison-glad your enjoying your tunes good point to try different music with records
Maryam-don't be afraid of the doilies. I was daring and used a very thin cotton yarn I thew away the label and the hook is O/3.25 mm. Most of all patience is needen :)

daniela calme et cacao said...

... sembrano stelle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...