Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Going and going and going

Well things have just been going along here sometimes smoothly and other times overwhelmeing. If I don't blog first thing in the morning then it won't happen at all. But we have been enjoying our morning nature walks. We are easing into a new new fall routine but I'm still juggling cooking and cleaning while trying to tackle major projects. The basement is almost complete. I'll unveil the art studio tommorrow. While most of the basement gets cleaned my sewing area sadly is in disaster. It's like a ying and yang around here.
There also has been a lot of bustle in the kitchen lately.
We are all little of always running out of bread or buying bread with too many questionable ingredients. So finally I have begun making homemade bread from Artisan Bread in 5 minutes! The recipes are good and it's actually convenient to make the dough and have the option to refrigerate it for about 7 days. So far my rhythm for making bread has been bake 2 loaves of bread and mix a batch of dough to leave in the fridge. Each time that I take the dough out to bake the bread I mix another batch of dough to keep in the fridge. So far this has been the best method for us to always have homemade bread.
Looks like tea doesn't it? It's actually Carrot Top Tea. I was excited to try this but once I did I wasn't so sure. The recipe goes like this: Steep carrot tops for 20 minutes in boiling water. Pull out the tops and filter through a coffee strainer. Refrigerate it's sweet.
To be honest it was not sweet it tasted like boiled carrot water and not so great green tea. I tried this twice in one night but still it was a no. I actually thought maybe it was a joke recipe from the csa. It was no joke. After a google search I discovered there are some benefits and found a few recipes.

To be honest I'm still scratching my head on this one.
On a less confusing note today I turned 35! Yup it's my birthday. I actually don't mind saying that either. Like I said there is a bit of ying and yang going on here. Woke up tired but then had a lovely breakfast waiting for me with notes.

Also got to search for my birthday gifts.Looking forward to these lovely reads soon and knitting in my future.

2 comments:

lucy said...

happy belated birthday!!

bread looks yummy.

can't wait for the big unveil!

Lise said...

Happy birthday!! Can't wait to see your studio...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...