Thursday, June 5, 2014

Just jazz it up a bit

I
Recently one of my kids posed an interesting question about my blogging "Did you regret it?" We had a conversation about when things are put out in social media that they linger and are out there for the world to see forever.  Things put out there can follow the individual years from now which could have negative consequences or close doors to opportunities from simply posting or commenting on social media .

 The example I had given was from personal experience. About 2 year ago posts from my blog were printed and used to suggest that I was overwhelmed.  My blog was something I always enjoyed writing and following blogs was a source of creativity and inspiration. Seriously have you ever met a mother that never got tired and looked great all the time. Ahem.

Because of that I took a break from blogging to minimize additional unwanted backlash on my parenting.  It was hard to return and I considered just shutting it down.  My answer to her question was no I didn't regret it I just lost my love for it and could not get back into it.  I had no regrets I put thought into what I wrote and it was my creative outlet. 

At times I have missed it and I would snap a picture with intentions of posting and of course never did. After a this question was asked to me I thought well why not return to it.  I don't have to post everyday just when inspiration strikes share something neat.  Check on my favorite blogs when I need that burst of creativity.
So here I am again. 
  • First up is change up change the blog colors/design.  A little blog spring cleaning.  
  • I had a yummy salad to post yesterday.
  • Just finished reading Labor Day by Joyce Maynard next up is The Gilly Salt Sisters by Tiffany Baker.  If I had a project to go with it they would have been on the yarn along this week  
  • Oh and why is the picture on it's side that you have to turn your head to see the books?  Ah well because whatever medium I use to bring in the picture it will NOT rotate.  I gave up trying otherwise I thought I would never post again. 
  • Finally got an instagram account to go with my blog thislittlekitchenblog
  •  I have feeling I'm going to be really enjoying that. Why did I wait so long?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...